(Home heating oil is #2 Fuel Oil)
If you have an 80,000 btuh gas furnace, regardless of efficiency, it will cost you $1.20 per hour to operate.
- at 87 cents per litre, 1,000 btus of oil costs 2.35 cents
If your furnace is equipped with a
.75 gph nozzle, it will cost you $2.46 per hour to
- at 25 cents per kilowatt 1,000 btus of electricity costs 7.33 cents
The worst way to heat by far. Any
kind of electric heater that requires 80,000 btuh of
energy (the same amount as a typical gas furnace)
would cost $5.86 per hour to operate.
- at 53 cents per cubic metre, 1,000 btus of natural gas costs 1.50 cents
Energy Price Comparison *
* Prices used in this comparison are based on actual prices paid by
Flamborough area customers in the last 6 months - Calculations
capture all billing charges including HST
#2 Fuel Oil
If you have an 80,000 btuh propane furnace, regardless of the efficiency, it will cost you $1.52 per hour to operate.
- at 45 cents per litre, 1,000 btus of propane costs 1.90 cents